A banner is a large piece of fabric or flag used to advertise a business by displaying a slogan, logo, symbol, or promotional offer. It is one of the oldest forms of advertising, and it is still around today because it is low cost and effective.
Benefits of Banners
Banners have a wide array of benefits. Below is just the tip of the iceberg.
- Visibility. Banners are highly noticeable. Pair it with an eye-catching design, and it’ll be hard to miss.
- Positive response. Unlike t.v. or radio commercials where the audience can become quickly tired of the advertisement and eventually irritated, banners don’t have that problem. The audience can choose to look at the banner or not. Therefore, the chances of them becoming annoyed by it are lower than alternative forms of advertising.
- Cost-effective. Compared to t.v. commercials or media advertising, banners are much more cost-effective. In advertising, you’re going to want to spend as little as possible to generate the most sales. Banners are a good intersection.
- Reusable. If you make sure to use durable, high-quality inks, your banners should be reusable time and time again. This is perfect for local events, trade shows, and social gatherings. The banner’s reusability adds to its cost-effectiveness.
- Easy. Getting banners printed is usually just a call away!
Perhaps one of the greatest benefits of banners is their vast customizability.
Ways to Customize Banners
No two banners are alike because they are customizable.
- Size. Banners come in various sizes ranging from 2’ wide by 4’ high to 6’ wide by 30’ high. The standard size is 6′ wide x 3′ high. The size you end up choosing largely depends on where you’re placing your banner.
- Portrayal. Banners can come single or double-sided. If you’re placing your banner against a brick wall, it’s probably best to go with the single side. But, if your banner will have both sides exposed, then it’s best to go double-sided.
- Material. Banners can come in matte, gloss, fabric, mesh, or vinyl, depending on your printer. The material you choose often depends on the placement of your banner. For example, if the banner is outside and needs to survive the weather, it is best to choose more durable options.
- Finishing. Depending on how you want to hang your banner, you can choose grommets, hems, or pole pockets. Grommets are the holes on the outside of the banner for it to hang. Usually, you can select the material of your grommets, such as brass, stainless steel, or plastic.
- Viewing distance. Depending on your printing company, the quality of the design can be adjusted based on how close-up people will be viewing your poster. If they’re only going to be seeing it from far away, there’s no point in wasting money on a detailed design.
- Design. The banner’s design is highly customizable, and it’s what makes your banner unique and stand out. Using excellent design skills helps draw in customers’ attention. Try incorporating graphics, a memorable logo, complementing color schemes, patterns, and your unique selling proposition. A unique selling proposition states why customers should buy from your business over your competitors.
Banners are the perfect addition to your advertising campaign for customizability, effectiveness, and price!